From: michael@junker.stroeder.com [mailto:michael@junker.stroeder.com]On
Behalf Of Michael Stroder
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 1:54 PM
To: De Leeuw Guy
Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: special characters

De Leeuw Guy wrote:
> The ldif file produced by the 2.0.6 is not compatible with the slapadd
> V2.0.11.
> see the error
> str2entry: invalid value for syntax

It's probably not the LDIF. I guess that OpenLDAP 2.0.11 is more
strict with checking the syntax than
2.0.6 was. You have to correct these entries first.

Looking at your example (in Python):
'cn=Koch G\xfcnter, ou=D\xfcsseldorf, o=Wirtschaftsvereinigung
Stahl, br=External, o=Eurofer, c=be'

Well, you have encoded the german umlauts as ISO-8859-1 chars in
that DN. This is not allowed in LDAPv3. Sanitize your directory

Ciao, Michael.