problem with OpenLDAP 2.0.11 and Berkeley DB 3.2.9

Hi folks,

I'm trying to compile OpenLDAP 2.0.11 for use with a Berkeley DB
backend.  I have installed Berkeley 3.2.9 (in /usr/local) and ran the
OpenLDAP configure with the --with-ldbm-api=berkeley option.  When I
create my first entry using ldapadd however the database created is a
gdbm database.  I have tried everything I could find on the net (setting
compile options, etc) and nothing is working.  Does anyone have a
suggestion on how to really force OpenLDAP to use Berkeley?

Thanks,
Michael
--
Michael Dunlap                   Systems Programmer / Administrator
michael.dunlap@yale.edu          Workstation Support, ITS