Re: ldap_add and referrals

> From:  Nuno Miguel  do Espirito Santo Gomes de Oliveira <NOliveira@eid.pt>
> Date:  Thu, 28 Jun 2001 12:32:02 +0100
>
> Hello,
>
> I would need someone to please confirm that in order to handle referrals
> myself in modification operations, I will have to use the asynchronous
> version of ldap_add, ldap_modify, etc, since there's no message attribute in
> the synchronous version to capture the referrals field from, with any of the
> available error handling functions, in openldap's c client library.
> I hope this is the place to post such a question. If not please redirect me
> to the rigth place.

Interesting...I can't confirm this, but that would probably explain the
problem that I had with perl-LDAP.  I think I'll try rewriting my code to use
the async stuff and see if it works better.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
virCIO                          http://www.virCIO.Com

  My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination.  For an
  explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

    Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft,
      but they could get fired for relying on Microsoft.