Re: general question : why keeping it so hard ?

I think the problem is the debug-output from the server.
If the Server rejects a query as a result of schema-violation,
he simply reports "object-violation" or that he don't know an
token as attribut, but which token ?!

It would be very nice if the server report these tokens,
also he should report which attribute cause a
"object-violatation".

I think this expansion would be pretty simple
and help a lot.

personal note:
In my opinion schema rules are very useful.
If you don't have them you have to deal with
stray entries (entries without a predecessor), multiple entries,
undefined attributes (which are actual tokens and no attributes).

regards
Oliver

Message from Wed 27 June 2001 14:28:

--