Re[2]: How to administrate a high volume Openldap

Hello Michael,

MS> Daniel Cheah wrote:
>>
>> 1.) My question is how do I administrate a 200,000 records . I can not display
>> all the records using the Browser/Editor 2.8.2 (since it is a large
>> database)

MS> Why do you have to browse all the entries?

MS> The LDAP client used for administration should support
MS> 1. searching one node and adding an entry below this node and
MS> 2. searching one entry, editing this entry.

MS> I guess the best thing is to write your own administration interface
MS> which has first-hand knowledge about your DIT layout and data model.

MS> Ciao, Michael.

HI,

so you are saying that no one will ever browse through the whole
database in one glance? Ok , so I will have to do a a range of search
and modify the selected values.

Thanks for all your help

--
Best regards,

IDCconsult.COM SDN BHD (514905-X)
E902, Phileo Damansara 1, No. 9 Jalan 16/11,
46350 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Telephone (603) 766 51993
Fax       (603) 766 51995
E-Mail    daniel@idcconsult.com.my