LDAP v3, Ldif file format

hi,
  it is almost 3 weeks I am playing with LDAP, I started using Netscape,
then I moved into OpenLdap the most difficult thing to dial with is the ldif
file. Changing ldap version or even worst, changing platform means a
complete different ldif format.  Just yesterday I have tried to import an
ldif file into the latest open ldap sever v3. My problem is I am importing
users and I need the mail attribute. Using ldap v2 I have sorted this out
using 'objectclass:Mailbox' which seam to be disappeared in version 3. Now
the only choice I have is to use objectclass:person which does NOT have mail
attribute. Than I had a look at
http://ldap.hklc.com/objectclass.html?objectclass=inetOrgPerson so I end up
with this solution

dn: cn=admin, ou=People, o=mycompany.co.uk, c=uk
userPassword:: dmFsdGVjaA==
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inteOrgPeson
mail:admin@mycompany.co.uk
sn: N/A
cn: admin

Unfortunately ldap v3 does NOT like 'inteOrgPerson'. I have no idea how to
stick the mail attribute into a person.
Thank you in advance

Stefano

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains Proprietary information some or all of
which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only.  If
an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please
notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended
recipient you must not disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this
e-mail. All information contained within this e-mail is subject to the Terms
& Conditions of Valtech Ltd. which are available upon request.