Re: More on: partial replication errors

Dan Shriver wrote:

> Since my earlier trouble I have tried to narrow down the problem
> by switching back to simple replication (which I got to work
> earlier).
>
> On the master if I do:
>
> ldapsearch -x -b "cn=Replicants,dc=SharemediaTest,dc=com"
> '(objectclass=*)'
>
> I get:
>
> version: 2
>
> #
> # filter: (objectclass=*)
> # requesting: ALL
> #
>
> # Replicants,dc=SharemediaTest,dc=com
> dn: cn=Replicants,dc=SharemediaTest,dc=com
> objectClass: smvsSeperator
> cn: Replicants
>
> # MasterReplicant,Replicants,dc=SharemediaTest,dc=com
> dn: cn=MasterReplicant,cn=Replicants,dc=SharemediaTest,dc=com
> objectClass: person
> sn: MasterReplicant
> cn: MasterReplicant
> userPassword:: ZW4xY3IhcHQ=
>
> # search result
> search: 2
> result: 0 Success
>
> # numResponses: 3
> # numEntries: 2
>
> Which is what I should get.  I copied the .dbb's over to the
> client (so I could have the MasterReplicant (which is the binddn
> that the master uses to update the slave)).  I still can't
> replicate to the slave properly (which I was able to do about a
> week ago!) and even more unusual, if I do the above query on the
> slave I get this response:
> version: 2
>
> #
> # filter: (objectclass=*)
> # requesting: ALL
> #
>
> # search result
> search: 2
> result: 32 No such object
> matchedDN: dc=SharemediaTest, dc=com
>
> # numResponses: 1
>
> Since I copied the .dbb files how could I get "No such object"?
> The slave should have EXACTLY the same data as the master.

Looks like there's some misconfiguration in your slave.
Are you sure the slapd.conf of master and slave are the
same EXCEPT for the replication stuff?

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Politecnico di Milano                 | mailto:masarati@aero.polimi.it