Re: Referrals worked in 1.2.11, but not in 2.0.7

> From:  "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org>
> Date:  Mon, 25 Jun 2001 12:07:59 -0700
>

> >So my entry above should become:
> >
> >dn: dc=subtree,dc=deepeddy,dc=com
> >objectClass: referral
> >objectClass: extensibleObject
> >dc: subtree
> >ref: ldap://10.1.2.1/o=vircio,c=US
> >
> >I looked at that, but was confused since the example demonstrates a subtre
> e of
> >the same name on another server rather than a redirection into a different
>
> >tree.
>
> That's because namedref is designed for 'subordinate' referrals.
> You can actually specify links which are not subordinates... it
> should work.
>
> >I want to make sure I really understand what I'm doing before I proceed
> >because I have to temporarily break my incoming mail to try anything.
>
> I recommend you experiment on

I've got it working with a few remaining problems that appear to be in
perl-ldap.  Since they're non-critical, I'll work on them tomorrow.  The
important thing is that I've got working email on this system under LDAPv3 so
I can now work on it w/o crippling myself.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
virCIO                          http://www.virCIO.Com

  My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination.  For an
  explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

    Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft,
      but they could get fired for relying on Microsoft.