Re: password exop and encrypted passwords

Your discussion is interesting to me.

I am using openLDAP 2.0.7 with only "--enable-phonetic" set on.
When I view
/usr/loval/var/openldap-ldbm/id2entry.dbb
I can see that the passwords are enciphers.

When I execute a ldapsearch I see the passwords in
cleartext.

I remember that the first time I had experienced with passwords,
I see them enciphers when I was doing a ldapsearch.
But now I am unable to reconstruct this.

In the moment I have the situation I have described above.

The Server can decrypted the passwords.
(enciphers in "d2entry.dbb"; cleartext as result from a ldapsearch)
>From this it follows that they aren't enciphers by a one-way-hash like cypher.
Right?

I wanna to have them stored enciphers by a nonreturnable hash-function.
On no account they should be seen in cleartext by a ldapsearch.

Is "password exop" a new configure-option ?
Can I solve my problem with it ?
Do I need to update my LDAP-Server to version 2.0.11 ?

Message from  thursday 21 June 2001 15:23:

--
Oliver Egginger
FH Giessen-Friedberg