Re: Linux Autofs + LDAP

> i thought that the init script decides where to get the master map from and
> that the automount entry in /etc/nsswitch.conf has no relevance for any
> map.
>  can somebody please enlighten me ? ;-)
>
> 	~dirkw

Let me clarify, and someone please correct me if I am wrong.

You can have  an /etc/auto.master and an auto.master in LDAP and NIS if you
want to.  When the automounter starts it parses the nsswitch.conf file.  If
if finds the "file" attribute it searches for /etc/auto.master.  If it
encounters the ldap attribute also in the nsswitch.conf file it will go to
LDAP as i specified in my last post and try and find an auto.master entry.

Brian Wert