configure: error: could not link with POSIX Threads

I am recieving the error:
configure: error: could not link with POSIX Threads
when I try to configure openldap. I have checked the archives and find this
problem is common with Linux machines, but I am running Solaris. Has anyone
else come across this problem or know a fix for it? I have install GNU's
pthreads, and REGEX per the FAQ help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chad

                                                 Chad M. Wittrock
    IIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIII  Programmer Analyst
   IIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIII	 Gilchrist 255
       IIIII          IIIII     IIIII		 University of Northern Iowa
      IIIII          IIIII       IIIIIIIIIII	 Cedar Falls, IA  50614-0007
     IIIII          IIIII              IIIIII	 Phone:  (319) 273-7437
 IIIIIIIIIIIIII    IIIII     IIIIIIIIIIIIIII	 Fax:    (319) 273-5836
IIIIIIIIIIIIII    IIIII     IIIIIIIIIIIIII	 Email:  Chad.Wittrock@uni.edu