has anyone use openldap for user auth on AIX???

we can get AIX to talk to the LDAP server (openldap 2.0.11 on Solaris) but as with most things IBM, you have to do some strange things.  AIX has its own attributes and object classes that it wants you to use for user accounts.  I have gone and created an IBM.schema file and included it in the slapd.conf file and can add the IBM objectclasses...  the problem is that the IBM library that is communicating with the LDAP server is appending RDN's to the base search DN :
base DN-> "ou=users,o=<org>" comes out in logs on the LDAP server as :-> ou=aixuser,ou=users,o=<org>, with a search filter of userName=*...\

we are using openldap for user auth on Solaris, tru64, Linux, BSD, hpux, without problems.  this is part of our plan to migrate from local files to centralized user management with openldap...

I do have the userName attribute, and what I think are the objectclasses needed by IBM, but user auth and commands like finger return "invalid account" or "no such user".
the thing is the search request returns an error code of 0...  I know this may be an IBM issue (have posted to IBM groups, IBM support), but maybe some great openldap user has done this and gotten it to work, so if that is true, please let me know what you have done!!!

sooooo close to getting this totally working!!!

KSC
Network/Systems Engineer
www.g1.com

Here is a really great OS