Re: running slapd in another port

Nuno Miguel do Espirito Santo Gomes de Oliveira wrote:

Hello, everyone,

I can't connect to slapd in a port other than the default. I tried following
the administrator's guide and typed

slapd -h "ldap://127.0.0.1:666"; but when binding (windows ldap library:
ldpa_init, ldap_simple_bind_s) got the SERVER_DOWN error. This happened not
only  for this, but also after substituting the IP by "localhost", trying a
different set of ports and even for "ldap://localhost:389";.
It only worked for "ldap:///";.

are you connecting to your ldap server from the host where slapd is running..? (ldapsearch without -h attribute or with -h localhost or similar) if not, slapd won't answer, 'cause it listens only to 'localhost'.
start slapd with '-h ldap://:666' to get "normal" behaviour on port 666.

I'm running the windowsNT openldap version. Has anyone gone throug the same
problems. Can you please help me ?

Thanks,
Nuno

Tiefnig Daniel