Re: absolutely frustrated

--Le samedi 16 juin 2001 1:01 -0700 craigwhite@azapple.com disait:

I think that I've finally got it set up and working and when I type...

  ldapsearch -L -b "dc=azapple,dc=com" -W "(objectclass=*)"

system asks...

   Enter LDAP Password:

I simply press enter (typing 'secret' or root password same result)

   ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such attribute

Can I disable sasl and work it thru later? How?
Is there something wrong with this very basic slapd.conf?

Thanks,
Craig

RedHat 7.1 / Openldap 2.07

# $OpenLDAP: pkg/ldap/servers/slapd/slapd.conf,v 1.8.8.4 2000/08/26
17:06:18 kurt Exp $
#
include		/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include		/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include		/etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include		/etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include		/etc/openldap/schema/redhat/rfc822-MailMember.schema
include		/etc/openldap/schema/redhat/autofs.schema
include		/etc/openldap/schema/redhat/kerberosobject.schema
#
access to * by * read
#
pidfile	/var/run/slapd.pid
#
database ldbm
suffix		"dc=azapple,dc=com"
directory /var/lib/ldap
rootdn		"o=Azapple,c=US"
rootdn		"cn=Manager,dc=azapple,dc=com"
rootpw		secret
index cn,sn,uid pres,eq,sub
index objectClass pres,eq

I don't know much about this sasl stuff but it does seem to me that in the ldapsearch you should specify the dn you are binding as, with -D:

ldapsearch -L -b "dc=azapple,dc=com" \
   -D "cn=Manager,dc=azapple,dc=com" -W "(objectclass=*)"

Then it will ask you for the password, which is the rootpw, since -D specified the rootdn.

At this point, if all works well, it should probably answer something like:

"dc=azapple,dc=com": no such object

since you haven't added the base entry yet (unless you have, by other means). You can use ldapadd to initialize the database with the base entry and other entries.

----
David Olivier
David.Olivier@univ-lyon2.fr
Les Cahiers antispécistes: http://www.cahiers-antispecistes.org/

 Les canards et les pigeons,
 les porcs et les agneaux
 mettent leurs gouttes de sang
 sous les multiplications;
 et les terribles hurlement des vaches étripées
 emplissent de douleur la vallée
 où l'Hudson s'enivre d'huile.

Federico Garcia Lorca
----