Re: Outlook and Schemas

I'm no expert here, but I don't see any other replies John so...

"John E.P. Hynes" wrote:

> 1) I cannot get any client to add an entry unless I send a redundant "cn"
> attribute.  Is this right?

Do you have schema checking on? If so, look at the schemas defined in
you config files(s) and see if cn is a required attribute.

> 2) Clients which add all the attributes that Outlook expects get error
> returns from slapd.
>  Do I need to
> create, say, a "OutlookPerson" object, and make all the attributes I want
> required?  This seems excessive (and daunting), but I'll do it if that's
> what I have to do...

That or turn schema checking off (if you can do so in 2.0) - I have seen
a schema definition somewhere on the web but can't remember where sorry.

HTH

- Richard Huxton