Re: why is adding records slow?

Thus spake Randy Kunkee:

> I haven't seen anybody suggest turning on "dbcachenosync" yet.
> By default, OpenLDAP syncs the db to disk after every update, which
> will certainly slow things down.  If you disable this, you should get
> much better performance.

I also haven't noticed any suggestions of logging tuning.  You can either
turn off logging altogether, or disable immediate fsync() in syslog.  For
example, if your entry looks like this:

local4.debug		/var/log/ldap.log

change it to:

local4.debug		-/var/log/ldap.log

I'm not sure, but I don't think slapadd logs, but slapd does.

Wil
--
W. Reilly Cooley                           wcooley@nakedape.cc
LNXS: Get 0.2.0-devel at http://sourceforge.net/projects/lnxs/

"An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a
cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." - H.L. Mencken