Prob's with saving special Chars into LDAP under PHP

Hi,
I'm building a PHP-script for adding Mail-users into a LDAP-Database.
As you can see, I'm building this in Germany and people here are
likely to have names like Müller and Schäfer...

My Prob... I'm adding ldap-entrys utf8-encoded to the db, but i have
probs to add them to utf8-encoded DNs like:
cn=Mike Müller, o=My Org, c=de
But after saving, it looks like:
cn=Mike M?ller, ...
And... I can add attributes with a utf8-encoded value, but not with
many encoded values ...

Q: Are there some special hints to follow for encoding the DN?
Q: What to do for saving many special-chars-strings for one attribute?

I'm running PHP 4.0.4pl1 and Open-LDAP 2.0.7.
...perhaps this behavior depends on a bug..?

Mit freudlichen Grüssen

Felix Meulenkamp

KDT Klaus Daten- und Telekommunikationstechnik GmbH
Ein  Unternehmen  der  Ision  Internet AG,  Hamburg
Robertstrasse 6    *     D-42107 Wuppertal, Germany
tel +49 202 495-362        mailto:meulenkamp@kdt.de
fax +49 202 495-399               http://www.kdt.de