Re: building openldap on Debian

Hi,

I don't know why it doesn't work, but you should check if you typed 'make' and 'make test' as the same user. :-)

Apart from that, if you don'thave any particular reason why you want openldap 2.0.7, I suggest you downloading 2.0.11, which I have successfully compiled and installed in a Debian box.

Cheers,
Alexei

Zengfa Gao wrote:

Hi

I'am trying to build the openldap-2.0.7 on Debian 2.2,
when I come to "make test", it failed with

Datadir is ./data
Cleaning up in ./test-db...
Running slapadd to build slapd database...
slapadd: could not open database.
slapadd failed (1)!

Does anyone know why? I already installed Berkeley DB
on the system.

I also build OpenLDAP on redhat, everything is fine.

thanks!

Zengfa