RE: OpenLDAP in Solaris 8

thanks.  But still the same.  And for the link, I already have this
before, printed out a hard copy, and read it many times.

when I tried starting slapd using -d1000 and tried doing the ldapadd
command, I noticed this error: (cut and paste the output from the screen
directly)
<start of extract>
conn=2 op=0 BIND dn="CN=ERNIE,DC=TESTDOMAIN,DC=EDU" method=128
ber_flush: 14 bytes to sd 7
conn=2 op=0 RESULT tag=97 err=0 text=
daemon: select: listen=6 active_threads=1 tvp=NULL
daemon: activity on 1 descriptors
daemon: activity on: 7r
daemon: read activity on 7
conn=2 op=1 ADD dn="UID=HIGUGMAT,OU=PEOPLE,DC=TESTDOMAIN,DC=EDU"
entry_check_schema(uid=higugmat,ou=People,dc=barnard,dc=columbia,dc=edu):
object
Class "posixAcccount" not defined
ber_flush: 14 bytes to sd 7
conn=2 op=1 RESULT tag=105 err=65 text=
daemon: select: listen=6 active_threads=1 tvp=NULL
daemon: activity on 1 descriptors
daemon: activity on: 7r
daemon: read activity on 7
conn=2 op=2 UNBIND
daemon: removing 7
conn=-1 fd=7 closed
daemon: select: listen=6 active_threads=1 tvp=NULL
daemon: activity on 1 descriptors
daemon: select: listen=6 active_threads=1 tvp=NULL
<end of extract>

What the heck does this error 'object Class "posixAcccount" not defined'
mean?  I checked my slapd.conf to make sure that nis.schema is included
and it's there alright.   Please note that the same error message
'ldap_add: Object class violation' still occur.

Please help...

Ernie.