Re: Deleting index files on boot

Dennis Glatting wrote:

> On Wednesday 06 June 2001 04:01 pm, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> > At 08:31 AM 6/6/2001, Dennis Glatting wrote:
> > >I have a rather strange problem with my LDAP servers: they delete
> > > the index files on system cold boot but do not delete them if I
> > > stop and restart the servers by hand.

That was a bug in FreeBSD's openldap2 port/package. The package was
configured to have its LDAP database in /var/run, which is cleaned every
time on start up. A commit made a few days ago fixed that by
re-configuring the server to have the database in /var/db.
Just update your ports tree and re-compile openldap2.

--
          * *        Konstantin Chuguev - Application Engineer
       *      *              Francis House, 112 Hills Road