Re: LDAP and WinNT Authentication

Hi,

> i'm still lost on the security layer that sasl provides over ssl/tls... is
> there an easy way of explaining it? or is there a doc somewhere that
helped
> you understand it?

The notes  I wrote here
http://www.enic.fr/people/landru/lobster/openldap/OpenLDAP-authenticating-wi
th-PAM.txt
is the result of my own experience. The difficulty resides in the fact you
must assembly
several environmnents (PAM, SASL, LDAP, NT Domain, SSL/TLS...). Some are
well documented
others less. Good knowledge to agregate all infomation about these
environment is not easy to
gain.  In my case SSL/TLS experience is missing. It's my next step... on
that Graal quest way.

Step by step approach and tests are needed. If there is a "test kit" for one
environment
you have to "play" it before applying it to your own environment. It is the
case for SASL with
sample-server and sample-client. Unfortunately this sample has poor
documentation.
I spent lot of time with doc and I browse mailing list history of all
envrionment...
Don't disregard web search engine (google, alatvista,... my preference is
for copernic)
with associated keywords.

Until now, I 've not found a global documentation for all that domain.

This two URL

http://www.bayour.com/kerberos/Kerberos-MiniHOWTO.html

http://www.enic.fr/people/landru/lobster/openldap/OpenLDAP-authenticating-wi
th-PAM.txt