Re: Optimizing OpenLDAP pam authentication (it's very slow)

On Wed, 30 May 2001, Adam Jacob wrote:

> What OS are you running?
Redhat Linux 7.1, kernel 2.4.1

> How did you compile OpenLDAP?
Hacked the rh7.1 srpm to compile the 2.0.9 tarball.  Had to remove a
couple of redhat patches that don't seem to be needed anymore.  Removed
the "fast" patch too.  I'd also like to know, as someone else asked, what
all the redhat patches do and were intended for and if they are relevant
for 2.0.9-2.0.11.

> Have you indexed the fields you are using to authenticate?
I feel stupid.  This is almost certainly the problem.  What fields would
you recommend I should index?  I'm thinking uid for sure.  Maybe the
numberic uid (uidNumber?)  Each of my users is at the moment of class top,
account, and posixAccount.  I'll try some indexs.  Thanks for the tip.

cheers,
Michael