Re: openldap patches

Lynn Winebarger wrote:

>    Unfortunately, you usually have to read them and (unless you're
> familiar with the software) and guess whether they're relevant.  Usually

The question is: as I'm running RH should I try to use those patches when
installing 2.0.11? Probably not...?

> > Patch4: openldap-2.0.3-krb5-1.1.patch
>     not sure - looks like redhat uses nonstandard names for kerberos

Maybe I should use this, as configure fails with 2.0.11 to:

--snip--
checking for krb5.h... no
checking for krb.h... no
checking for des.h... no
checking for krb-archaeology.h... no
configure: error: Kerberos IV detection failed
--snip--

I've tried with --with-kerberos=k5 (as in 2.0.7 SRPM) and without it, but
still I get:

--snip--
checking for krb5.h... no
checking for krb.h... no
checking for des.h... no
checking for krb-archaeology.h... no
configure: error: Kerberos IV detection failed
--snip--

Should I try the patch or is there some other solution to my problem?

Regards,
Peter