Trouble querying ldap

I have succeeded in inserting a couple of entries into my ldap db in
the following format, but keep getting Resource Temporarily
Unavailable errors in my slapd debug output and Object Not Found
errors on my ldapsearch client error messages. Any ideas out there?

Amit

LDIF:
dn: cn=Amit Chaffee,ou=Staff,o=LS Net
cn: Amit Chaffee
objectClass: inetorgperson
sn: Chaffee
givenName: Amit
mail: amit@ls.net
title: Code Monkey

my slapd.conf file is set up as follows:
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema

pidfile         /usr/local/var/slapd.pid
argsfile        /usr/local/var/slapd.args

moduleload    back_ldbm.la

database        ldbm
suffix          "ou=Staff,o=LS Net"
rootdn          "cn=Manager,ou=Staff,o=LS Net"
rootpw          {SSHA}[my-encrypted-password]
directory       /usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm

index           default pres,eq
index           objectClass
index           cn,sn,givenName,mail,title eq,sub

access to *
                by self write
                by anonymous auth
                by * read

When I try to search using ldapsearch I receive the following error on
the command line:

[prompt]# ldapsearch -x -b 'ou=Staff,o=LS Net' '(objectClass=*)'
version: 2

#
# filter: (objectClass=*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 32 No such object

# numResponses: 1

and the following output in the slapd debug output:

connection_get(9): got connid=1
connection_read(9): checking for input on id=1
ber_get_next
ber_get_next: tag 0x30 len 12 contents:
ber_get_next
ber_get_next on fd 9 failed errno=11 (Resource temporarily unavailable)
do_bind
ber_scanf fmt ({iat) ber:
ber_scanf fmt (o}) ber:
do_bind: version=3 dn="" method=128
send_ldap_result: conn=1 op=0 p=3
send_ldap_response: msgid=1 tag=97 err=0
ber_flush: 14 bytes to sd 9
do_bind: v3 anonymous bind
connection_get(9): got connid=1
connection_read(9): checking for input on id=1
ber_get_next
ber_get_next: tag 0x30 len 54 contents:
ber_get_next
ber_get_next on fd 9 failed errno=11 (Resource temporarily unavailable)
do_search
ber_scanf fmt ({aiiiib) ber:
ber_scanf fmt (o) ber:
ber_scanf fmt ({v}}) ber:
=> ldbm_back_search
dn2entry_r: dn: "OU=STAFF,O=LS NET"
=> dn2id( "OU=STAFF,O=LS NET" )
=> ldbm_cache_open( "/usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm/dn2id.gdbm", 34, 600
)
<= ldbm_cache_open (cache 0)
<= dn2id NOID
send_ldap_result: conn=1 op=1 p=3
send_ldap_response: msgid=2 tag=101 err=32
ber_flush: 14 bytes to sd 9
connection_get(9): got connid=1
connection_read(9): checking for input on id=1
ber_get_next
ber_get_next: tag 0x30 len 5 contents:
ber_get_next
ber_get_next on fd 9 failed errno=11 (Resource temporarily unavailable)
do_unbind
connection_closing: readying conn=1 sd=9 for close
connection_resched: attempting closing conn=1 sd=9
connection_close: conn=1 sd=9