Re: ldap auth

ok. Thanks for the reply.

I am using rh6.2, openldap 2.0.11, nss_ldap-150, pam_ldap-108 all from
source.

------/etc/ldap.conf---------
host 		192.168.x.x
base 		dc=foo, dc=com
ldap_version	3
binddn		cn=Manager,dc=foo,dc=com
rootbinddn	cn=Manager,dc=foo,dc=com
bindpw		sekrit

nss_base_passwd	ou=People,dc=foo,dc=com?one
nss_base_shadow ou=People,dc=foo,dc=com?one
nss_base_group	ou=People,dc=foo,dc=com?one
-----end ldap.conf------------

-----/etc/nsswitch.conf--------
passwd:	files ldap
group:	files ldap
shadow: files ldap

hosts:  dns ldap

services:   ldap [NOTFOUND=return] files
networks:   ldap [NOTFOUND=return] files
protocols:  ldap [NOTFOUND=return] files
rpc:        ldap [NOTFOUND=return] files
ethers:     ldap [NOTFOUND=return] files
----end nsswitch.conf-----

I made the proper changes to the files in pam.d.
When I try to login syslog says "pam_ldap: ldap_simple_bind Can't
contact LDAP server". But I don't know why because if I simply type
"ldapsearch" the ldap server returns the users I put in the database.