RE: Active Directory

If you have multiple domain controllers and there are admins making changes
to one of them, they won't show up on the others until replication has
occurred between the DC's.  This is a shell script I use to search against
AD and it works consistently every time (unless of course someone changes
something on another DC and it hasn't replicated yet :) ).

#!/bin/sh
ldapsearch -LLL -W -h $2 -D "cn=someone,cn=users,dc=my,dc=com"
-b'dc=my,dc=com' $1

Then I run the script like this:

./ldp 'SEARCH_FILTER_HERE' [2000_DC_TO_QUERY]

The search you want below would be run like this:

./ldp '(&(cn=*)(objectclass=*))' eng2k.uwaterloo.ca

This script is how I check to see if a Win2K user's UNIX attributes are
correct for logging in to our Linux box.

Hope this helps
--Andy.

Andrew Rechenberg
Network Team, Sherman Financial Group