RE: Berkeley DB - db_recover utility

Mark,

I have done some investigation already and as fas as I can see it is
extremely simple : just add the DB_INIT_LOG and DB_INIT_TXN flags to the
DBENV->open call in file ldbm.c line 127 (OpenLDAP version 2.0.0). This will
cause the Berkeley DB backend to start creating log files which will make it
possible for you to reconstruct the Berkeley database. But note that it can
not garantuee that your LDAP database will be consistent because individual
records of the LDAP database may still be unrecoverable.

Regards,
Herman

www.sleepycat.com
website.