AW: schema viewing

> How can an ldap client know what attributes apply to an entry
> it is trying to add?
> My bet is on publishing the schema in the directory itself,
> but the rfc 2252
> sintax for attribute types I tried to use isn't recognized by
> the slapadd parser.

the client doesn't. (usually) the schema checking is done by the server.
slapadd is a exeption in this case, cause it writes the files directly, when
slapd is offline. for openldap the schema info is retrieved from the
~/etc/openldap/schema/*.schema files.
(e.g. oracle ldap (oid) stores the schema information in the db itself.)

daniel
Tiefnig Daniel
Server-Technology

INFONOVA IT GesmbH