Slave doen't update Master, Part II

Hi there !

Thanks to some friendly list readers, I got my slave to hand modify requests
to the master ( yes, it DOES work, at least with openldap 2.0.7-6  !).

Well, next problem:  I get a "no write access on parent" error, when I try to
insert a new entry on the slave. On the Master, still everything is fine:

grunwalm@winlinux1: > ldapadd -C -D "uid=LdapAdmin,ou=WIN,ou=Wag,dc=test" -w
"secret"  -f test.ldif -x -h "winlinux1"   -P 3
adding new entry "uid=test, ou=unbekannt, ou=WAG, dc=test"
ldap_add: Insufficient access
        additional info: no write access to parent

What would be important here...  I give some lines from the slapd.conf files:

###### MASTER: #######
database	ldbm
suffix		"dc=test"
rootdn		"cn=LdapAdmin,ou=WIN,ou=Wag,dc=test"
rootpw          	{SHA}secret

# Replication

replica		host=winlinux1:389
   binddn="uid=LdapReplicator,ou=WIN,ou=Wag,dc=test"
   bindmethod=simple
   credentials=secret
replogfile /var/log/slurpd/slurpd.log
# [ cut ]

# Access controls

defaultaccess   read
access to attr=userPassword
   by self write
   by dn="uid=LdapAdmin,ou=WIN,ou=Wag,dc=test" write
   by dn="uid=LdapReplicator,ou=WIN,ou=Wag,dc=test" write
   by * compare
access to *
   by self write
   by dn="uid=LdapAdmin,ou=WIN,ou=Wag,dc=test" write
   by dn="uid=LdapReplicator,ou=WIN,ou=Wag,dc=test" write
   by * read

###### SLAVE: #########
# [ cut ]
referral	ldap://wvi161
# [ cut ]
database	ldbm
suffix		"dc=test"
rootdn		"cn=LdapAdmin,ou=WIN,ou=wag,dc=test"
rootpw                {SHA}secret

updatedn  "uid=LdapReplicator,ou=WIN,ou=wag,dc=test"
updateref "ldap://wvi161:389";

# [ cut ]
defaultaccess   read
#access to attr=userPassword
#   by self write
#   by dn="uid=LdapReplicator,ou=WIN,ou=wag,dc=test" write
#   by * compare
access to *
   by dn="uid=LdapReplicator,ou=WIN,ou=wag,dc=test" write
   by * read

And here some IMHO strange lines from the masters syslog:
(in order of appearence)

do_bind: version=3 dn="" method=128
do_bind: v3 anonymous bind
# a lot left out
string_expand: pattern:  uid=LdapAdmin,ou=WIN,ou=Wag,dc=test
 => string_expand: expanded: uid=LdapAdmin,ou=WIN,ou=Wag,dc=test
 => regex_matches: string:
 => regex_matches: rc: 1 no matches
 => string_expand: pattern: uid=LdapReplicator,ou=WIN,ou=Wag,dc=test
 => string_expand: expanded: uid=LdapReplicator,ou=WIN,ou=Wag,dc=test
 => regex_matches: string:
 => regex_matches: rc: 1 no matches
 ====> cache_return_entry_w( 51 ): returned (0)
 no write access to parent

It seems, the server cant find uid=LdapAdmin ???

I really searched the mailinglist, but the problem never occured together
with replication there...

Really big thank you for your Help...

--
Markus Grunwald

Registered Linux User Nr 101577      PGP Key:
http://counter.li.org                http://www.grunwald.2xs.de