Re: AW: slave doesn't update master ?

On Tuesday, 15. May 2001 17:08, Tiefnig Daniel wrote:
> that's the part of your "updateref" entry in slave slapd.conf.
> i wonder, the changes are executed on your slave server. check debug
> logging of slapd on the slave during startup. (the part where slapd reads
> slapd.conf) maybe the updateref is ignored because of an syntax error.
> (should be smth. like ldap://qualified.host.name:port)
> check the admin guide, the manpages, the mail-archive and maybe even some
> rfc's on this topic. (search for replication, referral)

I would guess he did the changes after authenticating as the updatedn. maybe
the docs should state more clearly that only the slurpd should ever
authenticate as the updatedn, no real user.

--
Stephan Siano                           Mail:  Stephan.Siano@suse.de
SuSE Linux Solutions AG                 Phone: 06196 50951 31