Re: openldap and redhat 7.1

Amen. Or even a ldif-lint standalone utilty that would offer basic sanity checks against a schema - font sets (my bane), spaces at end of lines, even duplicate entries or illegal entries. We lost about a third of our database when we converted to ldap - all due to basic things like differences in format of phone numbers, illegal characters like spaces at end of lines, and cr/lf instead of \n from DOS clients.

Food for thought,

--Yan

Paul Sorenson wrote:

Glen,

I think stripping spurious spaces would be a good idea.  If not, the error
messages could be a little more informative - my C compiler doesn't go and
add ';' on the end of lines but it tells me it was expecting one.