[Date Prev][Date Next]
LDAP for Authentication - User files NFS??
- To: OpenLDAP Software <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: LDAP for Authentication - User files NFS??
- From: Tig Kerkman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 11:26:27 -0500
- Organization: City of Kenosha, Wisconsin USA
I am working thru my first LDAP setup, and am using this for User
Authentication. I am using RH's openldap-1.21-15 rpms.
I am confused on how to setup the users home directorys NFS's.
I have added the entries in with ldapadd as suggested from the pdal.com
site for the /etc/fstab:
Of course making the correct changes for my site.
I changed the /etc/nsswitch.conf file entry for automount: ldap
I made sure I could manually mount the file system to the server that I
am authenticating from, that works. Of course I unmount it so I can
see if ldap will do the authentication and mount the user directory from
the ldap user entry.
Do I need to setup automount? Or do I just change other entries in the