Re: Newbie question: ldapadd and invalid syntax

Make sure you don't have spaces on the end and also run the file through dos2unix to strip out the bogus CR/LF.

--Yan

Karen Hoofnagle wrote:

Can anyone tell me why I might be receiving an "invalid syntax" error when
attempting to import this item using ldapadd:
dn: cn=Accounting Managers,ou=groups,o=JNDITutorial
objectclass: top
objectclass: groupOfUniqueNames
cn: Accounting Managers
ou: Groups
uniquemember: Niels Bohr, ou=People, o=JNDITutorial
uniquemember: Spuds Mackenzie, ou=People, o=JNDITutorial
The first 2 records in the ldif file I'm importing come in just fine, but
I am at a loss to know what's wrong with this one. (The ldif file comes
from the JNDI API Tutorial and Reference CD. For what it's worth, I HAVE run
the CreateJavaSchema and CreateCorbaSchema programs that come on the same
disk.)

Also, please tell me where I would find proper LDIF syntax defined. Is
it only in one of the many RFCs?

Thanks.
Karen

Karen Hoofnagle