Re: building 1.2.11 on Mac OS X

allen,

i took your advice and checked everything out of public CVS at the HEAD and
here's my experiences:

> One is the sed problem that occurs during the configure phase of the
> build.  The solution to that can be found here:
>
> http://www.OpenLDAP.org/its/index.cgi/Build?id=943;user=guest

this is fixed.

configure does not work unless you explicitly say "--without-threads". it
does find pthread.h but then it tries to find suitable libraries and fails
on that one. maybe that has something to do with the shared library
architecture on OS X? or it could be due to the error message that configure
spits out when it tests libtool. it says something to the effect that the
"file" command answers in a way libtool cannot understand and that might
lead to shared libraries not being recognized correctly.

> I have used that to successfully get to the next stage.  The next stage
> is when you run into an problem during make (not make depend). This is
> described here:
>
> http://www.OpenLDAP.org/its/index.cgi/Build?id=1123;user=guest

this problem still exists, make fails at the same place as described in the
bug report. i would have liked to log into the bug report system to add my
$0.02 but i couldn't ;)

jens