Re: ldapsearch return strings

I will send this question now the 3rd time:

Is nobody out there, who can comment on this ?

===============

I have done a migration  from a Sun Directory Server 1.0 to Openldap 2.0.7

At that environment there are a lot of applications accessing this instance.

OpenLDAP 2.0.7 has one behavior that is differant to Sun Dir. Server, which
gives a lot of troubles:
( The Netscape Dir. Server 4.x behaves like the Sun Dir. !!!)

Examples:

OpenLDAP:

ldapsearch  ... uid=* cn

dn: cn=...
cn: Surname Givenname

ldapsearch  ... uid=* commonname	( as an alias to "cn" )

dn: cn=...
cn: Surname Givenname

the Sun- and Netscape Dir. give following results:

ldapsearch  ... uid=* cn

dn: cn=...
cn: Surname Givenname

ldapsearch  ... uid=* commonname        ( as an alias to "cn" )

dn: cn=...
commonname: Surname Givenname
^^^^^^^^^^

As you see at the end, both, the Sun- and the Netscape Dir. Server
returns the same attribute name as the attribute name in the
filter  not matter wether it is an alias attribiute or not.

Question:

Is it possible to change the behavior to that of the Sun- or Netscpe Dir. ?

BTW:

"cn" is an indexed attribute ( "index cn eq,sub ")

Thanks for any help !

Martin Hofbauer                                       IT-Consulting
phone : +43 (1) 60 126-34                   Bacher Systems EDV GmbH
fax   : +43 (1) 60 126-4                         Wienerbergstr. 11B
e-mail: mh@bacher.at                         A-1101 Vienna, Austria