Questions: Passphrase, Access, Plaintext

I have been fairly successful in configuring openldap in Redhat 7.1. I still
have some questions:

1. Is there any way around specifying a plaintext password on LDAP clients (in
/etc/ldap.conf for accessing the server)?

2. What is the proper combination of access statements in slapd.conf so that the
encrypted user password was not readable by everybody, but the user himself
could change it?

3. I have configured TLS support, but now when I start slapd, I have to enter a
passphrase. If I start LDAP at boot time, it will just hang there. What can I do
here? Empty passphrase?

|       x |   Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   simonf@cshl.org
| y = e   |
|_________|   http://www.simonf.com          simonf@simonf.com
		Disclaimer: This is not me.
	This is just my mailer talking to your mailer...