Re: Adding groups via LDIF file

> Could someone please supply me a sample ldif file that imports groups into
> the directory? I'm running OpenLDAP 2.0.7. I've successfully created all the
> appropriate Organizational Units, but I can't seem to find a way to import
> groups. Here's a look at the file I've tried and the corresponding error
> message: GROUP.LDIF
> "#Group Import
> dn: cn=techie,dc=texar.....
> objectClass: group
> cn: techie
>
> The error reads "Object Class violation additional info: attribute not
> allowed"

There's no objectCLass called "group" (there's one in
MicroSoft's schema, but you cannot use it with OpenLDAP);
use "groupOfNames" instead (or "groupOfUniqueNames").

Moreover, you MUST provide a "member" attribute. As you can easily expect
a group to exist with no members temporarily, you may add the group
itself, or the directory administrator as member.

Pierangelo.