Logging Messages

Hello All,

I'm running openldap 2.0.7 on Solaris 8 and need some assistance with
the logging mechanism. From reading the documentation it looks like I
need to add an entry in my syslog.conf file with the user local4. What
I'm not sure about is what level I should be logging on. Looking at my
syslog.conf I see the following:

*.err;kern.notice;auth.notice                   /dev/sysmsg
*.err;kern.debug;daemon.notice;mail.crit        /var/adm/messages
*.alert;kern.err;daemon.err                     operator
*.alert                                         root
*.emerg                                         *

I would expect my messages to be trapped by one of these entries, but
they don't seem to be. Does somebody have the proper entry for what I'm
looking for? I've tried LOCAL4 in my syslog and it doesn't seem to work.

Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way. Is there an easier way to do
this?

Thanks

-- Greg Jones