Re: SASL bind programming - what is the expected response?

At 03:51 PM 4/24/01, Marsha Petry wrote:
>I am testing how to send back a response to a SASL      bind challenge.  Is
>that documented anywhere in a fairly easy-to-read format
>or in sample code?      RFC 2381 gives me a idea what needs to be
>passed, but how does that translate into openldap library calls?

See clients/tools/ldapsearch.c for an example of how to
make use of LDAP SASL bind, in particular the
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s() call.

If you use ldap_sasl_bind_s() you must be prepared to
the SASL exchange in your application.  That is, ldap_sasl_bind_s()
only provides the LDAP wrapper which you can use to implement
any mechanism you wish.... but you have to implement the
mechanism.

Kurt