Re: OpenLDAP-2.0.7: "ldap_add: No such object" -- PLEASE HELP!!!

1. In your slapd.conf, you list your suffix as "dc=mycompany, dc=com",
therefore that is your base DN, and all entries' DN must end in this.
However, all the DNs in your ldif incorrectly end in "o=mycompany, c=US".

2. In your ldap.conf, you set your base to "dc=mycompany, dc=com,
o=mycompany". It should be "dc=mycompany, dc=com"

3. Your ldif for Mr. Peepers and Linus includes a "mail" attribute, however
I don't think that objectClass person allows a mail attribute. Study up on
the various schemas available to get the attributes you want at
http://www.OpenLDAP.org/faq/data/cache/220.html