help - system config

greetings

my system configuration is
PIII
20 GB h/d

how many entries can this support
if each entry has some 15 attributes
of size 15 chars (including attr & val)
i am using (for testing / learning )only one master
server now and two slave servers on which nodes of
tree are being replicated
i am using openldap 1.2.9-5 on Redhat 6.2

two more questions please
what are threads and how do i make advantage of them
how do i implement them

i understood the difference between synchonous and
asynchronous mode theoratically how do i use it
and is openldap 1.2.9-5 synchronous or asynchronous

or point me to the right direction where i can find
more on this

please someone help a newbie
thanks in advance
regards shell