Re: Attempt at a comprehensive authentication HOWTO

On Sat, 7 Apr 2001, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> At 09:07 PM 4/6/01 -0500, Mark H. Wood wrote:
> >While I found the official documentation helpful, there were a few
> >mysteries and surprises that slowed me down.
> I hope folks realize that they can submit patches to the
> documents.  Details at:
>   http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=156

I had assumed that to be the case.  However, I only set up slapd a little
less than two weeks ago, and I hope that I harbor no illusions about the
depth of my knowledge of these issues.  So I put together a separate
document, both to collect knowledge as I gain it and to expose my
ignorance so that others will correct me.

As I gain confidence in my understanding of the issues, I will certainly
work up documentation patches.  But I don't feel that I've reached that
point yet.  I invite criticism of my attempt, in the hope of accelerating
the process of making my separate document disappear into an improved
official administrator's guide.

Make a good day.