v2/v3 schema format

I hope this question isn't too ridiculous...
I am trying to get a Nortel VPN server to use the OpenLDAP server for user
authentication.  I have compiled and installed the LDAP server
successfully.  The schema files I downloaded from the VPN server that need
to be included appear to be in LDAP v2 format.  Ex:
attribute   newOakAccountType   cis

Is there any way to include these files to OpenLDAP v2.0.7 version server?  I tried just including them but the LDAP server gives the complaint:
old attribute type format not supported.

Do I need to just back down to 1.2.11?

Thanks