slapd not creating replogfile

I am trying to set up replication for the first time. I believe I have setup
my slapd.conf file correctly, however when I modify something the replogfile
never gets any entries. The replogfile gets created, but remains 0 bytes.
The only message in the slapd log file is:

slapd[5942]: ldbm: ==> set_cachesize: method meaningless in shared
environment

Any idea what that means?

My slapd.conf has:

replica host=test2.nettonettech.com
        binddn="cn=Manager,dc=nettonettech,dc=com"
        bindmethod=simple credentials={crypt}secret

replogfile /usr/local/etc/openldap/replog.ldap.nettonettech.com

Thanks,
--David