Re: Problem installing under Solaris 5.7

Yo

maybe add /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.1/lib
 in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and every directory slapd need libs from :)

Cheers,

Prune

nicolas wrote:

Hello,

I have compiled OpenLdap v2.0.7 from Solaris 5.7 Sparc with SleepyCat
Berkeley db v3.1.17.
Using the following commands:
env ac_cv_func_pthread_create=no ol_cv_kthread_flag=no ol_cv_pthread_flag=no ol_cv_pthreads_flag=no ol_cv_thread_flag=no
CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.1/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.1/lib" ./configure --enable-dynamic
--with-ldbm-api=berkeley make depend
make
make test
make install

Configuration and compilation haven't complained about errors.
The errors appears when lauching slapd

# /usr/local/libexec/slapd
ld.so.1: /usr/local/libexec/slapd: fatal: libldap_r.so.2: open failed:
No such file or directory
Killed

The problem is that libldap_r.so.2 already exists and is a symlink for
libldap_r.so.2.0.5.so
which exists and is the one OpenLDAP v2.0.7 compilation generated.

It is the first install of OpenLDAP on that machine so no version
conflict.

My BerkeleyDB is installed in directory: /usr/local/Berkeley3.1/
My configuration file is known to work on another machine which is
running the same OpenLDAP version under Linux.

What should i do to make it work properly under Solaris ?