RE: LDAP

ok. Here are som of my experiences (and I've been in you're situation...):

1. You have done "make test" on your src and it worked?
2. Go to padl.com and download the "migration tools"
3. Untar (tar -zxvf ..) and change the "migrate_base" settings. (se for ex.
www.open-it.org) for some tips.
4. When this is done, shutdown you ldap server and do migrate_all_offline.sh
in my experience it works better than _online. Also make sure your linux
version deos not har oenldap 1.2.x installes as the migrate script will use
ldif2ldap -> eg. 2.0.7 cannot read the db.
PS: the default ldap server is not "ldap". Make sure you type localhost
there...
test the results.

I hope this will help you a bit.

tarjei