AW: berkeley db

> > just a quick question:
> > which version of berkeley db is recommend for
> openldap2.0.7? the faq reads,
> > that openldap 1.2 and later are designed for bdb2.7.5. but
> AFAIK openldap2.0
> > is designed for bdb 3.1.17. the newest version of bdb is
> now 3.2.9. any one
> > know, which might be best for compiling on AIX 4.3? 2.7.5,
> 3.1.17 or 3.2.9?
>
> I compiled 2.0 with 3.2.9 and it worked, although it is not
> in production
> so I couldn't see it at work unser stress. I'm currently
> using 3.1.17 in
> production
> with no significant problems.

thx for your reply..

did you compile with threads..? we got major problems with memory leakage with both openldap1.2 and 2.0.(6) multithreaded on AIX and solaris, when operating on high load. (in one case, we're using openldap for 4 AIX qmail-mailservers, with about 370.000 users and ldap storing user- and maildomain-info) on the other side, 2.0.7 seems to work flawlessly on solaris now.. and i'm just working on 2.0.7 and AIX now..

daniel