Re: FW: Redhat 7.0 and threads

RedHat 7.0 out of the box uses a developmental version of the GNU C
compiler and a version of libc that I found causes real problems with
compiling programs like Kerberos and OpenLDAP. Personally, I switched to
Linux From Scratch and I know others who backed off of 7.0 to 6.2. If you
want to stay in 7.0, make sure to get the latest RPMs for GCC and GLIBC
from RedHat, or, get the latest and greatest GCC (2.95.3) and GLIBC (2.2)
and build these, first, and then the LDAP related code.

Note that I had NO problems with the same configuration on RedHat 6.2.

Sean McLinden
Outcome Technology Associates, Inc.

                    Bob Tanner
                    <tanner@real-time.com>            To:     Mark Diggory <mdiggory@latte.harvard.edu>
                    Sent by:                          cc:     openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
                    owner-openldap-software@Op        Subject:     Re: FW: Redhat 7.0 and threads
                    enLDAP.org

                    03/29/2001 03:08 PM

Quoting Mark Diggory (mdiggory@latte.harvard.edu):
> Check your glibc version, mine had a major bug report concerning posix
> threads, I had to remove glibc and the install the latest version of
> glibc to get around this.

$ rpm -q glibc
glibc-2.2-12

It's the latest on the mirror I use. Something newer out there?
--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500