Re: How to check if slapd is TLS/SASL aware?

The first one actually says that it could not authenticate you using your current
credentials. That's why "bind" is in the function name.

Sorry, it's actually 'ldapsearch -x -b "" -s base supportedSASLMechanisms'. The
command I gave actually would print out the dn's right below the
"supportedSASLMechanisms" branch. It's not a branch, though. The "-s base" only
prints out the entry itself. supportedSASLMechanisms is actually an attribute that
is part of the null dn (the base dn).

The first one obviously says that SASL is enabled on one of the two sides. If the
client came with the server, it's both. Now, as far as using the currently included
mechanisms, that's beyond me (I've only used GSSAPI).