Re: meaning of ldif_record() = xxx ?

Those messages aren't important. You want to pay attention to the
"additional info" lines. The error below means that an attribute you want
to import contains invalid data. I.E., that usually means that you are
trying to use an attribute (such as owner, manager, etc..) that is MEANT to
store a DN, but instead storing in it some invalid data. Another scenario
would be having extra spaces after certain attributes on the line. Check
the schema files (in the schema subdirectory below the slapd.conf file, for
2.0.7, or in the same directory as slapd.conf for 1.x) for the syntax name.
I don't know much myself, so you'll need to ask a wiser person or figure it
out on your own. Just to help out, how about you send us the ldif file in
question? We'll probably be able to find your problem.